Friday, April 11, 2014

RESIST PEER PRESSURE

 I joined Punjab National Bank at Muzaffarpur in 1982 and have been enjoying my job in our pyara-nyara bank since then.
People were very fond of Pan in the city.
 My colleagues enjoyed its green leaves with tobacco etc. and also often cajoled me to consume it. Some of them pleaded,” There is no harm in taking Pan sans tobacco.” 
 I, therefore, started to swallow tobacco less Pan with peppermint flavor. My other friend taunted then, ” Why do you take lady Pan? He also coaxed me to take a little tobacco.” I obliged him after a little hesitation. Gradually I got addicted to Pan Chewing.

My psychology behind surrendering before my colleagues was that if I refused to comply with their wishes, they would shun me, and I shall become an odd man out.
  Now I have forsaken this dirty habit, but I offer Pan to those who enjoy it.
 I maintain very healthy social relations with a large number of friends without sharing Pan, Cigarette, etc. with them.
Our popularity among our friends does not depend on, whether we share Pan, wine, and tobacco with them or not. It depends on the criteria, how much supportive we are in their projects or in their hardships.
Don't become compartment of the train and move where the engine goes but become the engine yourself and lead all the compartments in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment