Friday, September 6, 2013

DEVELOP YOUR FORESIGHTEDNESS


Rudyard Kipling's best friends were What, Who, Why, Where, When & How? Exploring a problem by asking six fundamental questions was also called Kipling Method.

However, we may develop our foresightedness tremendously by asking one simple question, “What if?" Many Scientists must be expert in asking, “What if?"  They must always be asking during their experiments what if I tried this or what if I tried that. Our Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi must have asked himself," What if I used Satyagraha with non-violence for fighting against the mighty British Empire where the Sun never sets.

Many years ago on one beautiful Saturday evening, I forgot the duplicate keys of my office in the drawer. Later on, I found that the duplicate keys were missing. My mind started to race fast.
 What if a thief finds the keys, he will empty the whole office in the night?  The book value of all the computers, fans, coolers and furniture must be many lacks. The bank will recover the entire amount from me. The Police will also come into the picture. They will blame me that I knowingly gave the keys to someone to steal everything from the branch office. Thus, I may get involved in a Police case also. All these thoughts were trying to make me depressed.
 When the keys were with me, I used to keep them casually without understanding the implications of it being lost. Earlier I could have asked," what if" I missed the duplicate keys. This simple question would have saved peace & enjoyment of my weekend.


 So when you have blessings, ask yourself,"What will happen if I lose them, and hear the answers. Ask “What if? on every occasion." This simple method will help develop your foresightedness to a great extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment