Sunday, June 7, 2015

KEEP SCANNING YOUR ENVIRONMENT.


I was going to Pondicherry by Yashwant-Pondecherry express on May 29th, 2015. The train was scheduled to depart at 9 P.M. from Yashwantpur. We started by taxi at 7 P.M. from our residence at Sarjapur Road. Two hours appeared more than sufficient. My elder son Adwitiya was managing all affairs.
 There was a heavy traffic jam near KR Puram. I became a little concerned but Adwitiya consoled," Once we cross KR Puram, the road will be clear. But due to heavy rain in the evening all the bikers were riding on their cars so there was heavy traffic jam in the whole road. Finally we reached Yashwantpur Railway Station at 9.10 p.m. and found that the train had departed right time. We had to travel by Bus and incur additionally 2000 bucks. (It is another thing that I immediately curtailed expenditure of 2000 bucks elsewhere)

 Later on I found on the internet that the train’s first stoppage was Banaswadi (Bangluru) at 9.25 PM. Banaswadi is nearer to Sarjapur than Yashwantpur. So we could have easily boarded the train at Banaswadi and avoided inconvenience of bus journey in sitting position.
I was supposed to scan my future environment earlier. Had I searched on Google earlier about the train's route, I would have known about Banaswadi and would have saved my money and inconvenience.
 I usually walk around my locality to find what is where? If I meet any new person, I try to find about his background beforehand. I keep myself abreast of all the developments taking place in my environment.
 But I failed miserably here because I thought," I am old enough now and my son will take care of all the affairs." Mr C.S.Lewis rightly told," You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment