Sunday, June 28, 2015

DO PERFECTLY IN REASONABLE TIME


Once I decided to impress my better half, and I asked her to mention any date from the calendar of 2014. Madam spoke a few dates; I promptly told the related days. She was much impressed. I, then, suggested her to read my article," Remember Calendar of 3 years."

 One Sunday, I was going to association office in haste. Madam was chatting with her friend. She suddenly asked me on which day the 17th September 2015 falls. I was preoccupied to reach association office in time. Therefore I had two options.

 I would have politely told her that this calculation will take a little time, and I have to reach office in time. So I shall give the test later on. Alternatively, I would have calculated it coolly.

 The Key for September 17, 2015, is 1. So by adding 17 and one we get 18 and by dividing 18 by 7, we get remainder 4. So the day is Thursday. But I calculated wrongly in haste and replied,"Friday."
I left for association office hurriedly. However, I realized my mistake within few minutes on my way.
Later on, I told Madam about the error. She was deeply disappointed since all this happened before her friend.
The habit of doing things perfectly saves our time and keeps us tension free since we don't have the discomfort of doing it again with a self-reproach. 
Following age old proverbs also testify my contention.
HASTE MAKES WASTE.
SAFETY FIRST, SPEED AFTERWARDS.
A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE.
THE HURRYING MOUSE FALLS INTO THE MILK.
जल्दीबाजी  का  काम  शैतान  का 



No comments:

Post a Comment