Saturday, January 25, 2014

I COULD HAVE CAUGHT THE BASTARD EARLIER.


AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE.
---- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

 I felt uncomfortable when a marriage party crossed my house while enjoying firecrackers.  I wanted to yell. Often I got irritated at trivial. However, I managed to keep calm somehow.


My friend Prashant Patel visited my office and exclaimed with concern that I had lost much weight. I retorted immediately, "I take controlled diet and exercise regularly that is why I have lost weight."I lost 7 Kg in a few months. It appeared unusual and I was a bit confused but didn't talk to my Doctor.
I returned home exhausted but wrongly believed, "It was due to hard work at the office." I was consumed much water due to unusual thirst and also visited washroom frequently, but I rationalized, "It was because of intake of much water and happily misbelieved that I was detoxifying my body by taking plenty of water."

There was confusion in recalling things. I was addressing a rally at Bank of India, Zonal Office. I saw an ex-colleague who recently joined Bank of India as a Probationary Officer. I recalled his name clearly. But when he wished me at the end of the rally, I could not call him by name.
But my sixth sense became alerted when I awoke twice in a night for going to the washroom. I gave my blood sample for the test. My blood sugar fasting level was 140. My PP level was detected 340 on Saturday and 447 on Tuesday. All the family members panicked. The Doctor advised me to cancel my visit to Bhubaneswar for attending CEC meeting.

I could have avoided all the unpleasantness if I could have caught the bastard earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment