Friday, January 10, 2014

INCREASE YOUR EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS

Efficiency means doing things right. Effectiveness means doing the right things. First, select right things to do, then do them fast in the right way. This will increase both our efficiency and effectiveness.

 To improve our effectiveness, we must know what the right things are? Preparing "TO DO LIST" daily is the best way to know what the right things are that we need to do today. We may start doing the most important things first from the list. When we focus on doing the most important things first, the other things take care of themselves. I prepare "TO DO LIST" in my mobile and review it twice every day.

I do following to increase my efficiency.
1. I learned some tips on time management.
2. I practice focused working. When I start doing a task, I don't allow my friends to interrupt me in the middle. If some of my friends visit me in between, I throw a warm smile and tell them politely to wait for a few minutes. If a few of my friends insist that their work is very urgent, I listen to their problem patiently, if situation warrants so I attend them immediately as an exception. I always keep my mobile in vibration mode. I call back my friends after completion of the task at hand.
3. I practice," A place for everything & everything in a place." This practice helps me in searching things easily.
4. I keep my drawers and workplace clean & clutter free.
5. I do physical exercises and play mental games daily to keep me physically & mentally fit.
6. I practice taking long deep breaths.
7. I often smile & talk funny to make my colleagues laugh and become tension free.
 All the above things work well. Please try them, you may get amazed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment