Saturday, March 22, 2014

GET REGULAR MEDICAL CHECKUP AFTER 40.

I have been practicing positive thinking since student life. Recently I used to feel low. I countered it with positive slogans. It used to work, but sad feelings were due to rise in blood sugar level i.e. diabetes. Diabetes needed medical treatment also in addition to positive thoughts. Actually, when I went for sugar test, the blood sugar level was 336 in fasting and 447 in PP which was very high. My family members panicked. I had to cancel my Bhuwaneshwar visit to attend CEC meeting.
 So if you are feeling depressed continuously, despite giving your mind sufficient dose of positive thoughts, consult your Doctor. You might be suffering from some dreaded disease. Recently one relative of my friend Anil Singh fainted. He rushed to a physician; his blood sugar random level was found 500.
We got a health check up done in Apolo Hospital, Bangalore in September 2014. My wife had a swelling in the umbilical region. The doctor detected it a hernia.  It will not be a bad idea to get the regular checkup after the age of 40.
 The Government of India also feels the need & importance of preventive health check-up. They have allowed deduction of Rs. 5000/- under section 80D of Income-tax Act for preventive health check-up of self, spouse, dependent children and dependent parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment